Re: Parse scheme ast

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Parse scheme ast
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 19:57:14 +0200

Hlöðver Sigurðsson <address@hidden> writes:

> (sorry for spamming but I forgot to do "reply all" and post to the list
> itself)
>
> An essay by Erik Sandberg had confused me (at closer look I was only
> confused not that the thesis was confusing),
>
> the word I should be using is not ast but music streams.

They haven't been integrated with LilyPond's code base.  Music
expressions are converted on the fly into stream events passed to a
hierarchy of listeners.  Since they are interpreted at various levels in
that hierarchy with an interpretation depending on context variables
also affected by stream events, there is no unique stream.

--
David Kastrup