Re: How to break continuous ottava bracket

From: Karol Majewski
Subject: Re: How to break continuous ottava bracket
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2017 16:58:45 +0200

OK, got an idea:

\ottava #1 c'1 \ottava #0
\ottava #1 \set Staff.ottavation = #"8va" c'1 \ottava #0

It's not 100% elegant, but aceptable, I think.

--Karol

On 25.07.2017 16:00, Karol Majewski wrote:
Hi, how to break ottava bracket beteween bars? The following gives me one continuous bracket

\ottava #1 c'1 \ottava #0
\ottava #1 c'1 \ottava #0

The bracket is continuous because the ottavation is continuous – there is no moment when the \ottava #0 actually takes effect.
You could fake it with

\ottava #1 c'1*1/2 \ottava #0 s2
\ottava #1 c'1

– but why?