Re: Text listing output in .txt file

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Text listing output in .txt file
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 21:43:03 +0200

> Hi Daniel and all others,
>
> you wrote about a critrical edition. There is scholarly:
> https://github.com/openlilylib/scholarly
> where you can add annotations to your score which then can be collected in
> another file.
> If you want to use the EE for tracking, you might use \applyContext #(lambda
> (context) ... ) .
> Of course you can use this function right inside your code.
>
> I am not at my computer right now, so I can not provide an example (yet).
> But perhaps someone else can make use of this idea.
>
> HTH
> Jan-Peter

Thanks David, Jan-Peter.

Probably:

remark =
#(define-music-function (strg)(string?)
#{
 \applyContext
   #(lambda (ctx)
     (let* ((log-file (format #f "~a-remarks.txt" (ly:parser-output-name)))
            (port (open-file  log-file "a")))
      (format port
              "\nAt bar ~a, position ~a, (location in the ly-file: ~a)\n\t~a"
              (ly:context-property ctx 'currentBarNumber)
              (ly:context-property ctx 'measurePosition)
              (*location*)
              strg)
       (close port)))
#})

{
  \remark text
  c4 d e f
  \remark more-text
  g a b c
  \remark "further text: pitch is d, length 4"
  d e f g

  Harm