Re: running midi2ly in frecobaldi 3.0

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: running midi2ly in frecobaldi 3.0
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2017 13:26:48 +0200

Il giorno lun 31 lug 2017 alle 21:23, MING TSANG <address@hidden> ha scritto:
hi lilyponders,

I did the following steps in frecobaldi - trying to import midi so as to produce lily text file

1. file - import - import midi
2. selection box appeard : select midi file (created by lily ) - hit "open" button 3. another box appeared - check "pitches in absolute mode" box - hit "run midi2ly" button 4. nothing happened - no log entry and no lily code generated - just return before step 1.

What must I do to have the "un midi2ly" work?

Hi Ming

I never use midi2ly, but I've just tested it in Frescobaldi using a MIDI generated by lilypond.
Everything works fine.
You should see a new file starting with something like this:

% Lily was here -- automatically converted by /usr/bin/midi2ly from /tmp/23-10-63.midi

You use Windows, right?
I don't think that it's a path problem. If lilypond runs in frescobaldi, also midi2ly should be able to run. If midi2ly fails for some reason and Frescobaldi doesn't warn about this, then I'd say this is also a bug of Frescobaldi.

But I guess that the source of your problem is in midi2ly.
Please try debugging it using a command line:

midi2ly file.ly

and paste the output here

Keep me in Cc, as I'm going in holidays soon and I've disabled all the lilypond mailing lists.