Re: trying to solve "cyclic chain in pure-Y-offset callbacks" error in c

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: trying to solve "cyclic chain in pure-Y-offset callbacks" error in custom (ScoreMarks) context
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2017 14:13:54 -0400

Hi Toine,

>> 3. In any case, is there a better way of doing what I'm trying to do (i.e.,
>> one that won't cause the error in the first place)?
>
> What about:
> \layout {
>  \context {
>    \Score
>    \remove Staff_collecting_engraver
>  }
> }

Whoa… that looks… potentially problematic. (Admittedly, that's just an
instinct, and I have no knowledge or evidence to back it up!) It sure seems
like there should be a less 'nuclear' option than that to solve my little
alignment problem!

> This apparently removes the errors/warnings.

That's a good thing.

> I have no idea about other implications.

This is what I'm worried about… I'll wait to see if anyone weighs in with more
details/info.

Thanks for the possible solution, in any case!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info
‣ email: address@hidden