Vertical alignment of custom dynamics

From: Gregor Smith
Subject: Vertical alignment of custom dynamics
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2017 23:19:23 +0100

Hi everyone!

I have a repeated section of music with a different dynamic on each repeat. As such, I've used a markup object to create the text "mp - f" in the dynamic font. Because the music is piano music, my dynamics are in their own Dynamics context.

My problem is that my custom dynamics don't vertically align with my regular dynamics (see attached MWE and output). I've tried various techniques:

Does anybody know if there's a way to vertically align custom dynamics with regulat dynamics, or even if there's a LilyPond object for repeated dynamics?

Thanks

Gregor