Automatically numbering "instrument name"?

From: Sam Bivens
Subject: Automatically numbering "instrument name"?
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2017 17:33:05 -0400

As I finish up a sight-singing course packet, I'm wondering if it's possible for LilyPond to automatically number the individual scores from beginning to end.

Throughout the document, I have six different types of score contexts, shown in mwe.ly.

The perfect solution would be a fix where LilyPond automatically creates a `\with { instrumentName = "1. " }`, where the "1." here becomes dynamic and adjusts depending on the ordering of the score samples within the document.

Perhaps there is only a solution where we can insert a variable that will increase by one at every occurrence. If so, this is sufficient; I can write my own script to insert all necessary `instrumentName = "var"` entries.

Thanks,

Sam