Re: Hello / a 1st question

From: Vlad Kudelin
Subject: Re: Hello / a 1st question
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 20:14:20 +0000 (UTC)

Thank you so much Graham!!!

So, am I right that
print-all-headers = ##t
does the trick?

In any case, problem's solved, THANKS!

/* ~~ Autumn in New York, ~~ ~~ Christmas in LA, ~~ ~~ April in Paris, ~~ ~~ a Juli v Tule. ~~ */

On Thursday, August 10, 2017, 12:57:21 PM PDT, Graham King <address@hidden> wrote:

On Thu, 2017-08-10 at 18:40 +0000, Vlad Kudelin wrote:
Hello dear Lilypond community!

I am a new user, and a pretty happy one! Just found out about THIS a week ago, and God! I am so grateful to the creators!!!

I am a guy who knows music and computers, but... hates mouse. In fact I've got Carpal using mouse to enter 100s of notes in some s/w.... But now I am free! can use emacs or whatever! – un–be–live-able!!!
And also (perfectionists will understand the torture I've been through) : Lilypond just makes it natural to put everything under version control!
un–be–f- live-able!!!

Welcome to the list.  Yes, it's a wonderful piece of software :)

That said, I hope it's all right to ask questions here, even if one is a total newbee.........
Here it is:

I need to accomplish a trivial (I think) task: a book with a bunch of scores, in the form

Title, Composer...
 Score
Title, Composer...
 Score

However it doesn't look like it's easy.
I've spent two days reading the manual and the tutorial and googling.... here is what I've found relevant:

1) \bookpart : this does work, except for a page break that it creates after each score...
It doesn't work for me (my "book" is a bunch of tiny 1-2 line little songs for kids just starting to study piano);

2) The Help page at LilyPond Notation Reference: 3.2.1 Creating titles headers and footers

LilyPond Notation Reference: 3.2.1 Creating titles headers and footers

LilyPond Notation Reference: 3.2.1 Creating titles headers and footers

suggests using \header within \score;
  • After the music _expression_ in a \score block.

However this either takes the *last* header and makes it global (ex1),
or doesn't create headers at all (ex2).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

How about:

\version "2.19.40"