setting ragged-right at a specific forced break

From: Benjamin Bloomfield
Subject: setting ragged-right at a specific forced break
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2017 12:23:07 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out a way so that when I force a line break using \break, I can have the line that breaks there act as though ragged-right were set in the layout block.

For a better understanding, I will explain why: I am putting line breaks so that each new verse of a hymn starts on a new system, but I don't want the last system of each verse stretched out so much.  This is somewhat more common perhaps in Gregorian chant, and I am using this override so that the last system's staff extends to the right side of the page, even though ragged-last is on:
\override StaffSymbol #'width = #(lambda (grob)
        (ly:output-def-lookup (ly:grob-layout grob) 'line-width))

​So if there is some way of adding as much empty space as will fit on a line before a break, that could work too.  What I basically want is for systems that end with an automatic line break to be justified, but for those that end with my manually specified \break​ to be ragged-right.

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Benjamin Bloomfield