Re: A premiere by Daahoud Salim, typeset with LilyPond

From: David Bellows
Subject: Re: A premiere by Daahoud Salim, typeset with LilyPond
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2017 16:07:32 -0700

> He stated that he didn't want to
block people to play the work, be it for free or for profit.

> The only concern is, what if someone tries to become rich and/or
prevents others to do the same?

Here's the page in the Creative Commons website (the license you used
at the bottom of the first page) that discusses your options, which
allowances/restrictions you wish to allow:

https://creativecommons.org/share-your-work/licensing-types-examples/

Personally I use:
"by" (I must be attributed)
"sa" (share alike, ie, must preserve this same license if they use my
work -- this seems to be what the composer is concerned with)

I don't use either the "no commercial" or "no derivative" clauses. By
not using the "nc" clause people are allowed to make money off the
work. This seems to be what your composer wishes to allow -- that
people can play the work for profit. You haven't said anything about
whether the composer wishes to allow people to modify the original.

So this would look like CC BY-SA 4.0:
https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/

or CC BY-ND 4.0 if the composer does not wish to allow people to
modify his original work.

Anyway, I applaud the two of you for making these choices.