Re: tweaks don't apply to post-function grob

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: tweaks don't apply to post-function grob
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2017 10:44:27 -0400

Hello David (et al.),

> Using the edition-engraver, I'd like to set self-alignment-X = #RIGHT (which
> would allow the note spacing to normalize) and then use either X-offset or
> extra-offset to nudge the dynamic back to the right (to approximate the
> "proper" alignment). If I can do that, the mechanism (i.e., function +
> post-hoc tweak) "works".

As it turns out, I can get the same effect by setting X-extent =
#empty-interval (so that the note-spacing ignores it) and then using
extra-offset to nudge the dynamic back [almost] in place. That will do for my
current needs… though I will continue to poke around and see if I can improve
the \dynamic and \dynText function(s) in any way.

Thanks for the help,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info