Re: mid-melisma lyrics

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: mid-melisma lyrics
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2017 22:45:00 +0100

Kieren, you wrote Friday, August 18, 2017 7:01 PM

Hi Kieren

> The snippet, below, is a mockup of what I'd like to accomplish without
> resorting to markup hacks.
> I've tried a few things (\melismaOff, etc.), but the only successful ones are
> even hackier than the markup hack (involving hidden notes, etc.)
>
> Any suggestions/solutions appreciated!

I think I might treat the (m) as a lyric event as a separate syllable, like
this:

\score {
  <<
    \new Staff
    \new Voice {
      c''~
      \once \set melismaBusyProperties = #'()
      4~ 2 }
    \addlyrics { \lyricmode { roo -- (m) __ } }

}

As a singer, I'd know immediately what was intended.

Trevor

---
http://www.avg.com