Marking up titles - font-name and italics

From: Daniel Cory
Subject: Marking up titles - font-name and italics
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2017 23:16:43 -0400

Hello,

I have what seems to be a rather simple problem. I am trying to format the font of my piece title. I can change it to italics, and I can change the font name, but I just can't seem to do both. Please keep in mind that I am extremely new to lilypond, so I may be missing something simple, but here is my code.

\header {

   title = \markup {
      \override #'(font-name . "Arial")
      \italic
      {This is a test}

I thought that maybe it was the braces around my text so I took them out, I've tried putting quotes around, I've tried changing the order of my markup. I just can't seem to do both font-name and another markup. Could someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thank you!