Re: Accidentals and thickness

From: SoundsFromSound
Subject: Re: Accidentals and thickness
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2017 14:33:17 -0700 (MST)

Simon Albrecht-2 wrote
> On 28.08.2017 22:49, SoundsFromSound wrote:
>> Hello list,
>>
>> Can someone tell me the easiest way to adjust the thickness / thinness of
>> accidentals in LilyPond?
>>
>> Not the size of the accidentals, just the actual thickness level for
>> them.
>> I've tried a few overrides w/ regards to contexts but nothing does what I
>> had hoped it would...thank you!
>
> Hi Ben,
>
> the accidentals are font characters, so you’d need to choose another
> font or make your own version…
> Not to speak of faking it using something like
> \markup\scale #'(0.8 . 1) \musicglyph #""
> but that would be an emergency solution – and also you speak of not
> altering the size. So that’s it.
>
> Best, Simon

Hi Simon,

Ah, yes that does make sense now to me thank you. I think then for this
situation I just should tweak the size down a bit and let it go. :) Was
hoping there was an easy way to thin out the accidental marking just a tad,
but it's really not a big deal.

Have a good day!

-----
composer | sound designer | asmr artist