Re: a specific note head shape for string players

From: Malte Meyn
Subject: Re: a specific note head shape for string players
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 10:08:08 +0200

Am 31.08.2017 um 09:07 schrieb B~M:
String players sometimes have to put one finger over two strings, but sound
just one.
The finger also stopping an unplayed string is often played later, so this
action is one
of finger preparation. I show this in the attached snippet where I have
used a red note
head to denote the unplayed, but stopped note. Red looks a little vulgar
and loud.
In the Kreutzer 42 Violin studies, this action is indicated with a blank
square, something
like the end marker of a proof in mathematics.
Is there please any way I can change the note heads shown in red to a small
blank square ?

Please provide a minimal example (http://lilypond.org/tiny-examples.html) and state the LilyPond version you are using. It’s obviously not 2.14.2 (the one your \version statement in the other thread says).