Re: coloring notes according harmonic function

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: coloring notes according harmonic function
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2017 21:01:39 +0200

Rita Composer <address@hidden> writes:

> Dear Experts,
>
> Still colouring/shape-ing
>
> So we have 3 voices

No, you don't.

> and we would like them in different colours.  But when I change ONLY
> the third voice colour, it affects the second voice coloure as
> well. (Blue) Simmilarly I changed only the third voice's shape and the
> second turned to the same shape automatically. (first line) Why?
>
> shape = {
>   \override NoteHead.style = #'harmonic
> }
>
> EgyHárom = \relative c' { \egyoszlop
>   \TimeSet
>  \key es \major
>  \shape b\breve \kicsinyK b4
>   b\breve \kicsinyV b4 \kicsinyK b \kicsinyV b b \kicsinyK b \kicsinyV b
>   c\breve c4 \kicsinyK c \kicsinyV c g_( \kicsinyK g \kicsinyV g) g
>    \cadenzaOff
>
> }
>
>   \score {
>     \new Staff \with { instrumentName = #"1 "
>     }
>     <<
>       \new Voice \voiceOne \EgyEgy
>       \new Voice \voiceTwo \EgyKettő
>       \new Voice \voiceThree \EgyHárom
>     >>

This is, all in parallel:

    \new Voice \voiceOne
    \EgyEgy
    \new Voice \voiceTwo
    \EgyKettő
    \new Voice \voiceThree
    \EgyHárom

The new voices, consisting only of a single \voiceXXX command, will
cease before the next moment and all expressions will share the same
Voice.

I am surprised you are only complaining about the colors rather than
stem directions, collision avoidance and so on.

--
David Kastrup