Re: improving Janek's \dynamic function (for combo dynamics)

From: Xavier Scheuer
Subject: Re: improving Janek's \dynamic function (for combo dynamics)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 22:05:45 +0200

Thank you Thomas for working on this.

Personally I came recently to think that "Doing The Right Thing™"
would be to have on option to **align** texts on dynamics.

Something like

  \override TextScript.align-on-simultaneous-dynamic = ##t

and then

  c'1\mp_\markup \italic "dolce"  % would give "mp dolce"

We could even have an option to place text right or left from dynamics
or also decouple texts from dynamics if desired.

I'm dreaming.

Anyway I'll probably use the function developed as soon as I have a
released version with it implemented and if I can find how to use it
in the documentation.

So thanks everyone.

Cheers,
Xavier