Re: improving Janek's \dynamic function (for combo dynamics)

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: improving Janek's \dynamic function (for combo dynamics)
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2017 00:03:20 +0200

Hi Xavier,

> Thank you Thomas for working on this.
>
> Personally I came recently to think that "Doing The Right Thing™"
> would be to have on option to **align** texts on dynamics.
>
> Something like
>
>   \override TextScript.align-on-simultaneous-dynamic = ##t
>
> and then
>
>   c'1\mp_\markup \italic "dolce"  % would give "mp dolce"
>
> We could even have an option to place text right or left from dynamics

Well, I would need to do some tests.
Reading out DynamicText and TextScript and joining them into a single
expression for DynamicText.
Probably not impossible ...

> or also decouple texts from dynamics if desired.

Here I'm not that confident, though

> I'm dreaming.

Nothing to say against it, as long as you're aware about the
difference to reality LOL

Though, I'll follow current route for now. Please remind me in case
current coding approach has boiled down to something real usable to
have a closer look at your proposal above.

And please continue with feed back. I highly appreciate it !!

Cheers,
  Harm