Re: improving Janek's \dynamic function (for combo dynamics)

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: improving Janek's \dynamic function (for combo dynamics)
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2017 20:03:14 -0400

Harm,

> A very first shot.

You never cease to amaze me!

1. Is this, speed-wise, any more or less efficient [e.g., on very large scores
with lots of combo dynamics] than your other approach?

2. If it's [much] more efficient, how easily can the "center-align-on-dynamic"
be implemented? Given that the dynamic is already separated (by virtue of the
construction), and we (or at least I) almost always want the horizontal spacing
engine to ignore the final combined grob, can one just "tack on" the markup to
the [already aligned] dynamic, rather than combining and then attaching
[center-aligned]?

Thanks,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer