Re: improving Janek's \dynamic function (for combo dynamics)

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: improving Janek's \dynamic function (for combo dynamics)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 01:08:05 +0200

> Hi David,
>
>>> 1. Is this, speed-wise, any more or less efficient [e.g., on very
>>> large scores with lots of combo dynamics] than your other approach?
>>
>> So much for:

>> Throwing out stuff is just dangerous...
>
> Why?
>
> As requested (warned), I'm not using it for typesetting serious stuff…
>
> Why can't Harm throw out stuff — and/or why can't I ask questions about it?
>
> Kieren.

Well, my code was more the sketch of an idea.
Currently it will break very fast, making it safe will be some serious
work and will extend the amount of needed code.
Also, I'm not sure if it's the best idea ...

The risk is that someone will use it, disregarding the warnings, ok,
this would be on own risk. But someone else may read that code and
take it for own work without even noticing that the was a warning.
Next time I'll post something like that on the user-list I'll probably
hardcode a printed markup (or a headersetting) inside the code
emphasizing the warning.
If someone is able to remove that from the code, it's more likely
he/she notices the weaknesses as well.

Cheers,
  Harm