Re: improving Janek's \dynamic function (for combo dynamics)

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: improving Janek's \dynamic function (for combo dynamics)
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2017 01:17:44 +0200

> Harm,
>
>> A very first shot.
>
> You never cease to amaze me!
>
> 1. Is this, speed-wise, any more or less efficient [e.g., on very large
> scores with lots of combo dynamics] than your other approach?

Well, it's a sketch of an idea.
Elaborating it will blow up the amount of needed code again.

Right now, predicting any performance of a possible final state is not
possible. At least I'd expect no need for string searching/selection
and at least less list-selections.

> 2. If it's [much] more efficient, how easily can the
> "center-align-on-dynamic" be implemented? Given that the dynamic is already
> separated (by virtue of the construction), and we (or at least I) almost
> always want the horizontal spacing engine to ignore the final combined grob,

Not sure what you mean with above.

> can one just "tack on" the markup to the [already aligned] dynamic, rather
> than combining and then attaching [center-aligned]?

Currently I've no idea, will think about it.

Cheers,
  Harm