Re: \mark and slur

From: Gianmaria Lari
Subject: Re: \mark and slur
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2017 12:19:47 +0200

Thank you Malte and Phil!

It works well and your suggestion make sense. I normally didn't pay much attention to this thing, now I will.

Gianmaria

On 14 September 2017 at 11:27, Malte Meyn <address@hidden> wrote:

Am 14.09.2017 um 11:14 schrieb Gianmaria Lari:
   c4 c c d
   (c4) c c c

[…]

   c4 c c d
   \mark "X" (c4) c c c

The start of slur belongs to the d, not the c.

Writing
        d (c)
is possible and equivalent to
        d( c)
but the latter more clearly says what’s going on.

You tried to write
        d \mark X (c)
so the \mark X goes between the d and the (. This cannot work, it has to be
        d( \mark X c)
I would strongly recommend to put slur, beam, tie, … starts directly after the note they belong to instead of directly in front of the next note to avoid these situations.