Re: default midi output tempo

From: Ben
Subject: Re: default midi output tempo
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 21:04:47 -0400

On 9/17/2017 3:58 PM, Larry wrote:
Hi everyone!

I'm new and I'm learning as I go. I've got the Fescobaldi installed and my inputs are slow. I know the tempo command can speed this up but I could not find what the default tempo is or how it is determined. Thanks for your help.

Larry

Hi Larry,

The documentation for LilyPond is extremely detailed and quite a lot of info can be found in it...make sure you head over and check out the Learning / Notation manuals so you can get up to speed. :)

The tempo can be set easily by using the Tempo command, for example:

\tempo "Andante"

or:

\tempo 4. = 96

or even:

\tempo "Presto" 4 = 120

}

See this link for more information --> http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/learning/simple-notation#tempo-marks

Also, make sure you let us know what version of LilyPond you are using, often times that can make a difference with the syntax and we can help you better.

Welcome to LilyPond!