Re: change tie color

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: change tie color
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2017 23:21:08 +0200

> This code
>
> \version "2.19.65"
> \fixed c'' {
>   \override Tie.color = #grey
>   c1 ~
>   \revert Tie.color
>   \override NoteHead.color = #grey
>   c1
>   \revert NoteHead.color
> }
>

> change the color of the tie and the second c1 note (see attached image).
> I would like to simplify the previous code and write something like:
>
> \version "2.19.65"
> \fixed c'' {
>   c1 \grey {~ c1}
> }
>
> Here http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=985 there is something similar but I
> have not been able to modify it according my needs.
> How can I do it?
>
> Thank you, g

The name 'grey' is taken, see:

\void \displayScheme \grey

returns the rgb-list of the color called grey, i.e. (list 0.5 0.5 0.5)
So use different identifiers.

\version "2.19.65"

%% override
colorGrey =
\override Tie.color =
#(lambda (grob)
  (ly:grob-set-property! (ly:spanner-bound grob RIGHT) 'color grey)
  grey)

%% turned into tweak
tweakGrey = \single \colorGrey \etc

\fixed c'' {
  c1 \tweakGrey ~ c1
}

%% native tweak
myGrey =
  \tweak color
    #(lambda (grob)
      (ly:grob-set-property! (ly:spanner-bound grob RIGHT) 'color grey)
      grey)
  \etc

\fixed c'' {
  c1\myGrey ~ c1