Re: Creating a 11-line system

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Creating a 11-line system
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2017 20:38:27 -0400

On 9/21/2017 5:05 PM, Ståle Ødegården wrote:
Hi!

I wonder how I can create a 11-line system with both treble and bass clefs present.

I have two ideas, but I can’t make any of them work:
- Create a PianoStaff or ChoirStaff and force the spacing between them to be _excactly_ one line apart - then add the extra line
- Create lots of extra lines in a single staff and set up the two clefs to mimic a PianoStaff

What could be the best solution to this problem?

Regards,
Ståle Ødegården

Hello,

What is your goal with this, is it a worksheet-type document? A custom instrument that is similar to a piano grand staff?

I would assume you could do something like "\override Staff.StaffSymbol.line-count = #11" and then just add the clefs in the exact position you need them to be in...if I understand you correctly.

(see attached)

Is that on the right track for what you want?