Re: Problem with Codas

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Problem with Codas
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2017 10:58:00 +0200

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Shamus Hammons" <address@hidden>

In printed editions I've seen all here mentioned "styles" to print a coda.
Here some results of a very quick online research:

Coda in same line, with space
http://www.finaleblog.de/blog/2015/media/20150811a.png

Coda in same line, without space
http://www.music-mind.com/Music/Srm0077.GIF

Coda next line, here indented
http://blogs.online.berklee.edu/tomrudolph/wp-content/uploads/sites/14/2014/05/Wayfaringall1.png

Lilypond is already able to produce the printed output for second and
third example, but for the first we currently need to do some ugly
hacking. Lilyponds midis can't reproduce any of them, though.

I hope the discussion how codas _should_ be printed is settled now: we
should aim at getting the functionality to reproduce them all,
probably as options, imho. And midi should work, ofcourse.

What else?
Now someone should start coding. Any takers? ;)

Cheers,
  Harm