Re: Header

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Header
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 22:27:27 +0200

On 28.09.2017 17:29, Wols Lists wrote:
On 28/09/17 12:35, Mario Moles wrote:
I would like, in small format, the title of the song on every page!

This sounds like you want to do what I've done. In my case, the default
headers are wrong because they centre the instrument name under the
title - I want them left-justified on the page.

Somebody pointed me at the "paper" function bookTitleMarkup, I guess
you'll want the header/footer functions - you'll have to find them
yourself, I haven't got a clue what they're called :-)

It’s not like Malte and I hadn’t already mentioned oddHeaderMarkup and evenHeaderMarkup. Also, they aren’t functions, they’re variables that are defined in \paper{}.

Copy them into your personal include directory, edit them so they put
the song title where you want it, and then include them in the paper
block of every relevant score.

Works a treat for me, so long as I remember the line

\include "../../Include/paper.bookTitleMarkup"

Two more hints on that: Lily is pretty good at merging multiple \paper or \header or \layout blocks, so just write a proper \paper block in your include file and include it on top level in your main document. Also, instead of manually specifying the path to your Include directory, it’s much more convenient to add it to Lily’s search path, either using the Frescobaldi preferences dialog or, if you run LilyPond from the command line, defining an alias in your ~/.bashrc so Lily is always run with the -I /path/to/include/directory switch.

Best, Simon