Re: keepWithTag for a score

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: keepWithTag for a score
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2017 07:52:37 +0200

"David F." <address@hidden> writes:

> Let’s say I have a score:
>
> myScore = \score { … }
>
> After my score is built, I’d like to keep/remove tagged sections from the
> music inside my score.
>
> How might I accomplish that?
>
> I’ve already tried to decompose/recompose the score, like so:
>
> \score {
>       \keepWithTag #’myTag
>               #(ly:score-music #{ myScore #})
> }
>
> But I’ve gotten some weird results (like the last system being ragged) and I
> don’t really want to throw away the original score because it has stuff like
> headers in it.
>
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

<http://lilypond.org/tiny-examples.html>

If you want people to help, forcing them to create complete examples of
their own for demonstration/experimentation is going to make them less
likely to do so.

At any rate, you might want to experiment with ly:score-header and
ly:score-output-defs.  Could be that with newer versions of LilyPond
$(ly:score-header ...) and $@(ly:score-output-defs ...) work in a score
definition or can be made to do so.

--
David Kastrup