Re: Assign Dynamics Context to PianoStaff for MIDI

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Assign Dynamics Context to PianoStaff for MIDI
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 07:15:05 -0400

On 10/5/2017 2:24 PM, Ben wrote:
On 10/5/2017 12:03 PM, Robert Murdoch wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering how to assign a Dynamics context to a PianoStaff...

Hello,

I usually end up creating a separate score for MIDI as well as a 'normal' layout.
I find that is the most efficient way to handle it, especially with piano in the instrumentation.
What version of LilyPond are you using?

However, I think you could do something like this...
(I saw this elsewhere on the mailing list if I remember correctly)

\version "2.19.65"

right = \relative c'' { c d e f c d e f }
left = \relative c' { c d e f c d e f }
dynamics = { s4\mf\> s4*3 s4\! s4\mp }

\score {
  \new PianoStaff <<