Re: Kneed beams in single staff polyphony

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Kneed beams in single staff polyphony
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2017 09:31:17 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> Hi,
>
> the following example shows three bars with should all show the eighth
> notes as in bar 1 with kneed beams. But I could not get it working in
> single staff polyphony environment (bar 2 and 3), neither automatically
> nor manually. Can someone give me a hint please what to do.

At one point of time you have to decide whether you want to typeset with
two separately _directioned_ voices or not.

\voiceOne is implied in the first voice in a << \\ >> construct, and
that includes \stemUp which in turn precludes kneeing.  You can switch
just this setting off by putting \stemNeutral first, cancelling the
stem direction preset.

--
David Kastrup