Reducing staff numbers in LilyPond

From: Ken Williams
Subject: Reducing staff numbers in LilyPond
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2017 21:15:26 -0500

I have a choral piece where some of it is 4-part divisi SATB, and some of it is unison (true unison, not octaves). I would love to notate this in LilyPond with the two (women's & men's) staves combining visually into one staff - when in the middle of a printed line, I'd like it to actually converge to the single staff, something like this (which I just pasted together crudely in an image editor):

https://i.stack.imgur.com/FV0Q5.png

Is that possible in LilyPond?