Re: LilyPond blog

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: LilyPond blog
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2017 01:03:17 +0200

Hi Joram,

Am 17.10.2017 um 22:07 schrieb Noeck:
Hi Urs,

I would not be so pessimistic.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but my experience with this and many other comparable things made me feel that way ...

The reactions here tell me that there are
potential contributors – some existing contributors reminded and perhaps
some new. It might be not enough in the long run, but I think we'll only
know if we try.

Personally, I have ca. 3 articles in the pipeline but only a small
amount of time. I think I could have the first one ready in 4 weeks and
the next over Christmas.

Is there a place to discuss this further (like which articles would be
appreciated [perhaps someone has an idea but no time and another one
would like to write about it], list some topics, agree on some order of
publishing)?

I'd say there are three options, depending on context:
- general questions can very well be discussed here on the lilypond-user list
- it's always possible to talk directly to Paul Morris and/or me
- depending on the topic it may be interesting to reach out for specific people who may be interested in that topic as well.

Are you still available to register new users or who would do that?

I didn't say I'm throwing the towel and drop my (admin) account. I'll be happy to discuss posts with contributors and give any required technical assistance, it's just that I won't pick up writing lots of posts or recruiting contributors anytime soon. Publishing order is usually a pretty pragmatic thing that doesn't need much discussion - if there's something available to publish we'll do so. Occasionally there's too much to handle at once, but even then it's pretty trivial to deal with - once there *is* some content. Technically the blog is hosted by Paul Morris, and the domain is (still?) owned by Janek Warchoł.

Best
Urs

Cheers,
Joram