Re: Any other Thunderbird users have messages never post? (WAS: Hide slu

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Any other Thunderbird users have messages never post? (WAS: Hide slur?)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 06:11:47 -0400

On 18/10/17 17:38, Karlin High wrote:
On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 9:08 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Bynow you should have realized that Mails to lilypond-user do not, as a
rule, get lost and reposting them several times does not help.
I was driven to switch to the Gmail web interface. I can make it work,
but I think I would still prefer Thunderbird.

But anyway, is anyone else using Thunderbird, and never having any
lost messages at all?
If so, is your email provider something other than Gmail, GMX, or
Microsoft? (Microsoft meaning Hotmail, Outlook.com, etc.)
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA

Hi Karlin,

A little while back I had made a thread where I was having issues sending mail to the list via Thunderbird (and Nabble directly) - I contacted the mailing list admin and received some helpful advice.

In addition to only attaching files (vs. drag/drop images inline, which can be an overload for certain recipients), I also made one important change that may help you as it helped me. (see attached)

I changed the way Google authenticated my account and the problem immediately was resolved. I now use Oath instead of a "normal" password. It doesn't require any extra work on your end other than an initial setup, but it's very easy.

Hope this helps you too.