Re: Any other Thunderbird users have messages never post? (WAS: Hide slu

From: Bernhard Kleine
Subject: Re: Any other Thunderbird users have messages never post? (WAS: Hide slur?)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 13:33:33 +0200

Am 18.10.2017 um 18:38 schrieb Karlin High:
On Wed, Oct 18, 2017 at 9:08 AM, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
Bynow you should have realized that Mails to lilypond-user do not, as a
rule, get lost and reposting them several times does not help.
Would that were true for some of us Thunderbird users! (Header says
that's what sent the messages.)

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2017-09/msg00260.html

I was driven to switch to the Gmail web interface. I can make it work,
but I think I would still prefer Thunderbird.

In my experience, it is a fool's errand to try fixing problems of this
nature. It usually means lots of research, and then telling an email
admin something like "Your system has configuration X and it is
causing me problems." Usually that gets a response like "We configured
it that way because Y, and we are not changing it. Sorry about your
email client."

But anyway, is anyone else using Thunderbird, and never having any
lost messages at all?
If so, is your email provider something other than Gmail, GMX, or
Microsoft? (Microsoft meaning Hotmail, Outlook.com, etc.)
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA

As I started this, I would like to comment:

  1. I read this list using Thunderbird, my mail server sits with gmx.net. When I didnot see my mail for several hours arriving on the list I started to worry.
  3. I have not yet understood why this delay. It is nice to know that mails do not get lost, but how can you be sure, David. Mails lost would not be seen?

Bernard

--
spitzhalde9
D-79853 lenzkirch