Re: Any other Thunderbird users have messages never post? (WAS: Hide slu

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Any other Thunderbird users have messages never post? (WAS: Hide slur?)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 16:27:01 -0500

On Thu, Oct 19, 2017 at 10:39 AM, Robert Schmaus <address@hidden> wrote:
>> is anyone else using Thunderbird, and never having any
>> lost messages at all?
>
> I do, and I haven't ever lost a message to this (or indeed any) list.
>
>> If so, is your email provider something other than
> It's FastMail.

Curiouser and curiouser. The part that bugs me the worst is when I do
a Reply-All and the message never appears on the list, but then the
other recipients of my message ALSO do a Reply-All, and have their
replies to my message get posted to list, making it seem that my
message delivered everywhere but to the list. Most recent example
here, in David Nalesnik's automatic partwriter thread:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2017-09/msg00471.html

That makes it hard not to blame something on the GNU Lists end of things.

Anyway, the Gmail web interface has never had delivery trouble here so
far. I'll be fine. But for the moment, I think people who make
multiple postings or apparently off-list conversations should be given
some extra grace.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA