Git functionality testing in Frescobaldi

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Git functionality testing in Frescobaldi
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 14:05:11 +0200

Hey people,

unfortunately Wen Xin's and my time to clean up his project after the GSoC has been very limited, but today I can ask you for a second round of testing. I'm confident that the more serious issues (i.e. crashes) found in the first round of testing have been fixed now, and I think most of the remaining open issues on the tracker (https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/labels/gsoc-2017-git) should not block that branch from being merged.

So please, anyone who is using Frescobaldi from the Git repository or can do so is invited to check out the rewrite-vcs branch and test the functionality we have. You can refer to the open (and the closed) issues filtered in the above link and you can of course add new issues to the tracker.

The functionality is far from providing a comprehensive Git workflow coverage, and that is of course not the goal of this initial work. So while it is of course OK to add "feature requests" to the issue tracker, the task at hand is to ensure that the functionality that has been implemented works well.

Best

Urs