Re: possible bug?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: possible bug?
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 15:50:26 +0200

You are on the right track! If you Google for "lilypond beam line break", you will quickly find the explanation and the solution:

\override Beam.breakable = ##t

   /Mats

On 2017-10-26 12:10, address@hidden wrote:

Is it me ?

The following script when run via Frescobaldi produces correct notation but does not introduce a new line where expected. I ran into this in a larger score. I have racked my brains for a reason but cannot see any error in the data.  That does not mean there isn’t one I accept.

Can anyone spot my error or could it be an obscure bug.

\version "2.19.56"

\relative c''' {

\clef "treble"

\key e\major

\time 2/4

  fis16 a[dis,]  d[gis]  g[cis,] c[

  fis]    a[dis,]  c[fis]  gis[d] b[

  f']     gis[d]   cis[g'] fis[c] b[

  f']     gis[d]   b[f']   fis[c] a[

  dis]    fis[c]   b[f]    e[ais] a[

  dis]    d[gis]   g[cis]  g[cis] a

}

Thanks for looking at it.

I should add that it seems to relate  beams that cross bar lines in the larger example (not include for brevity) normal service is restored after the first bar without a beam crossing a bar line to the first note.

The process that produces a new line is not actioned whilst a beam is active.

        Mats Bengtsson, Prof.
        Information Science and Engineering
        School of Electrical Engineering
        Royal Institute of Technology (KTH)