non-triplet tuplets collide with staff

From: Mason Hock
Subject: non-triplet tuplets collide with staff
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2017 14:38:43 -0700

Lilypond by default seems to place all tuplet numbers/brackets so that they collide with the staff, with the exception of triplets, which it places outside the staff. I would like all tuplets outside of the staff like triplets.

\override Staff.TupletNumber #'outside-staff-priority = #1

fixes tuplets with no bracket, but for tuplets with a bracket only the number appears outside the staff; the bracket still collides with the staff.

\override Staff.TupletBracket #'outside-staff-priority = #1

fixes tuplets with a bracket, but for tuplets with no bracket the number still collides with the staff.

If I do both

\override Staff.TupletNumber #'outside-staff-priority = #1
\override Staff.TupletBracket #'outside-staff-priority = #1

I get an error: "warning: Cannot set outside-staff-priority for element and elements' Y parent."

How can I avoid collisions with the staff for all tuplets, whether or not they have a bracket?

Thanks,

Mason