Re: How to get \fromproperty to work with score headers?

From: Graham King
Subject: Re: How to get \fromproperty to work with score headers?
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 16:21:45 +0000

On Sun, 2017-10-29 at 15:30 +0000, Graham King wrote:
On Sun, 2017-10-29 at 03:21 -0700, Shevek wrote:
Does anyone know if there's an updated version of
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Snippet?id=467 to work with score-level headers?
It's listed as "to do" in the snippet, but I believe that dates back to
several years ago. I'd like to use \fromproperty #'header:piece to put
movement titles at the top of pages.

If there isn't a newer version that supports this, I can mess around with
trying to get it working, but I'd appreciated it if anyone can point me in
the right direction to start; what would score-level headers be called? is
the existing snippet structure adequate or is more complexity needed to cope
with bookparts consisting of multiple scores?

How about approaching the problem from another direction?  Would something like this be OK?

\version "2.19.40"

htitle="Trahe me post te"
hcomposer="Victoria"

\header {
  title=\htitle
  composer=\hcomposer
}

{ c''1 \pageBreak 1 \pageBreak 1 }

\paper{
  evenHeaderMarkup=\markup  \fill-line {
    \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string
    \htitle \hcomposer
  }
  oddHeaderMarkup= \markup  \fill-line {
    \on-the-fly #not-first-page \hcomposer
    \on-the-fly #not-first-page \htitle
    \on-the-fly #not-first-page \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string

With acknowledgments to Nacho Alvarez for the idea.
I don't think this will work for "bookparts with multiple scores."  You need a proper expert...
Apologies for the noise.