Re: spanner and epsfile

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: spanner and epsfile
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2017 20:27:19 +0100

> I'm still trying to figure out my other question, how to have
> inter-penetrating spanners, or rather, how to have one spanner parallel to
> another without conflict?
>
> I can imagine two solutions:
>
> 1) Two or more voices, one with all notes hidden. Ugly solution.

There's only one TextSpanner per Voice possible, so above is certainly
a possibility

> 2) Another function that behaves exactly like TextSpanner, but with another
> name, e.g. \startBowPositionSpanner or \startBowPressureSpanner, &c., not
> conflicting with each other. Possible?

You may tweak TrillSpanner.

Another possibility is to clone all of the
TextSpanner-grob/engraver/etc under a different name.
https://archiv.lilypondforum.de/index.php/topic,2503.msg14199.html#msg14199
Scroll down to the code - it was developed by Xaver and myself, based
upon the scheme-text-engraver from our regtests.

Uncomment the example.

If you understand german: the whole thread is interesting.

HTH,
  Harm