Re: lilypond-2.19.80-1.linux-64.sh

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: lilypond-2.19.80-1.linux-64.sh
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2017 09:58:51 +0100

Blöchl Bernhard <address@hidden> writes:

> May be I have not correctly explained the problem.

Maybe you refuse to understand the problem in spite of it getting
explained again and again.

> First, I HAVE installed a 64bit version of Linux
> Aspire-ES1-571 ~ $ uname -a
> Linux bb-Aspire-ES1-571 4.10.0-38-generic #42~16.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Tue
> Oct 10 16:30:51 UTC 2017 i686 i686 i686 GNU/Linux

No, this is a 32bit version of Linux.  A 64bit version would be x86_64
rather than i686.

> Second, as a fact I CANNOT get installed the 64bit version of lilypond
> on that system!

Because it is a 32bit system.

> I only could install the 32bit version and I did. At least I have a
> running version of lilypond.
>
> But I wanted to make that curiousity public. Do have other users that
> experience?

Unless you are going to install a 64bit system, you are not going to be
able to run a 64bit version of LilyPond.  Or a 64bit version of _any_
software.

I am leaving the rest of the (increasingly incredible) conversation
appended for reference.