Re: Adding Space Between Tempo Mark And First System

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Adding Space Between Tempo Mark And First System
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 12:23:02 -0400

On 11/2/2017 12:13 PM, Reilly Farrell wrote:
Hi All,

I'm searching for a way to add extra space between the tempo indication and the first system of music, to make room for markup content above the staff.  (The default space allotted to the markup content right now is not sufficient and the score looks a bit cluttered.)  Is there a simple way of accomplishing this?

I believe this code is what you are looking for:

\version "2.19.80"

{
  \override Score.MetronomeMark.padding = #3
  \tempo "Very fast" c d e f }

Make sure to tell us what version of LilyPond you are using, because sometimes syntax changes make a difference...

(see attached)