Lyric alignment question

From: tyronicus
Subject: Lyric alignment question
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 11:19:47 -0700 (MST)

Hi list members,

Lily naturally spaces measures beautifully when there are no lyrics, but
when lyrics are added, she gets thrown off quite a bit. There have been
several discussions about that already on the list.

Is there a way to have Lily act as if syllables have no width?

What I would like to do is to see the output with Lily's typical spacing and
then manually move problematic syllables. This would be a mess at first, but
I feel it might be helpful for me in the long run.

I took a look in the internals reference but wasn't sure if there was a
straightforward to tell Lily that syllables have a width of 0.

Thanks in advance,
Sam