Re: Increasing spacing between staves

From: Abraham Lee
Subject: Re: Increasing spacing between staves
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 12:25:29 -0700

Michael, et al,

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 4:40 AM, SoundsFromSound <address@hidden> wrote:
Michael Rivers wrote
> When I run into this problem, I just print an invisible note somewhere
> that
> forces more space between the staves. I believe I read about that solution
> somewhere on this forum years ago.

Hi Michael,

I never even thought of that idea, actually that sounds pretty handy :)

But how would you add an invisible note vertically though, to increase the
space between?
I am only familiar with hiding notes / invisible rests in a horizontal
situation...where would you put the note for the vertical increase?

Rather than inserting invisible music, I usually add the following as a markup somewhere

^\markup { \null \vspace #N }

and then adjust increase N to taste. Works very reliably for me.

HTH,
AbrahamĀ