A problem with "placing grace notes between arpeggios and chords"

From: Robert Blackstone
Subject: A problem with "placing grace notes between arpeggios and chords"
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 13:23:11 +0100

Hello,

Snippet http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=410 shows an excellent way to insert
a grace note between an arpeggio and the arpeggiated chord (BTW, the example is
from Chopin's Nocturne No. 11 Op. 37, No. 1, not Op.37 No. 2 )

Anyway, in this form it compiles on my system. But since I prefer to use the
real pitches, I commented out "\relative c' "  and adjusted all notes.
Result: the notes are perfect but there are no arpeggios any more.

Why?
And what can I do to correct it (except going back to "\relative c' ")?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Best regards,
Robert Blackstone