Re: Video generation on linux systems: Note and rests change color

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Video generation on linux systems: Note and rests change color
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 13:11:56 -0600

On 11/15/2017 12:30 PM, David Wright wrote:
I don't understand this. sleepenh is*not*  a replacement for usleep.
Gnu systems use*their*  sleep command which takes non-integer values.
As expected, sleep uses seconds, usleep uses microseconds (where
u is the usual replacement for ยต) and nanosleep uses nanoseconds
(but the last isn't a command, obviously). Perhaps someone didn't
realise that.

All I know about this is what Google finds for me. :)

address@hidden:~$ usleep
-bash: usleep: command not found

address@hidden:~$ sudo apt-get install usleep
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package usleep

address@hidden:~$ sudo apt list | grep usleep

WARNING: apt does not have a stable CLI interface. Use with caution in scripts.

address@hidden:~$

Debian finds nothing for this, unless I just don't know how to ask.

There IS a manpage for usleep, but it looks like it's for a C library feature, not an executable. It says #include <unistd.h>

I got the idea for sleepenh from these:

So it would be better if I changed the mkvideo script from "usleep 250" to "sleep 0.25" instead of "sleepenh 0.25" ?
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA