Re: The space between "\score"s

From: Edward Neeman
Subject: Re: The space between "\score"s
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 10:30:01 -0500

Hello,

> 1. Why the giant gap between scores when the music goes to a second page? -
> (this happens regardless of how ragged-last-bottom is set)

ragged-last-bottom doesn't seem to affect the space between score
blocks, so multiple score blocks are spaced out evenly on the last
page, even if ragged-last-bottom is set to true.

Is this a bug? It doesn't seem to be fixed in version 2.19.80.

Fortunately, there are several workarounds available.

> 2. Is there a way to control that gap?

That gap is controlled with the score-system-spacing variable in the
\paper block. Try adding this line to your \paper block:

   score-system-spacing = #'((basic-distance . 0) (padding . 3)
(stretchability . 0) (minimum-distance . 0))

Best,
Edward

Dr. Edward Neeman
Adjunct Instructor, South Georgia State College
Collaborative Pianist, Valdosta State University, Georgia
Artist Faculty, ELMS Conservatory, Jakarta
address@hidden
www.neemanpianoduo.com