Re: Moving from lilypond 2.18 to 2.19

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Moving from lilypond 2.18 to 2.19
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2017 16:57:46 +0100

Matt Wallis <address@hidden> writes:

> On 17/11/2017 14:15, David Kastrup wrote:
>>> There are no error messages referring to my own lilypond source files,
>>> which makes me wonder what's going on here.
>> Your source is triggering an error in the library.  Have you called
>> convert-ly -ed on your source in order to upgrade its syntax?
>>
>>> I understand that the lilypond-devel package is not intended to be
>>> stable, and so bugs may appear. Is that what's happening here? If not,
>>> I'm happy to try to create a small example that exposes this error.
>> First try convert-ly.
>>
>>> When I tried lilypond 2.19 on a different score, I had the above
>>> error, but also some relating to my own .ly files. I guess there are
>>> changes that I need to make to my source (even though I have `\version
>>> "2.18.2"` in the source). Is that right? Is there a guide to these
>>> changes?
>> <http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/usage/invoking-convert_002dly.en.html>
>
> Many thanks David,
>
> That looks like exactly what I need :-)

If it turns out that this does the trick, it would be interesting to see
just what construct triggered the problem in 2.19 and what convert-ly
changed.  Because I currently have no good guess at what might have
happened here.

Incidentally, I think if you are using Frescobaldi as your editor, it
has menu entries for upgrading syntax.

--
David Kastrup