Re: [OT] Linux Users

From: Sam Bivens
Subject: Re: [OT] Linux Users
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2017 11:18:58 -0500

I'm also a Linux user. For notation I use LilyPond (with Frescobaldi) exclusively, and for any serious writing I use LaTeX.

Although I use the lilyglyphs package in LaTeX, I've never gotten around to using lilypond-book; instead I just autocrop my Lily PDFs and insert those as floats.

A quick question for others: I've used LilyPond a couple times on Mac, and the compile times were horrendous. Are the compile times on Linux faster than on other operating systems? (Unfortunately I can't remember what Mac OS I used...)

Sam