Re: Scheme help? snippet for movement page headers

From: Timothy Lanfear
Subject: Re: Scheme help? snippet for movement page headers
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2017 22:53:21 +0000

On 20/11/17 08:45, Shevek wrote:
Hi all,

It would be quite nice to be able to use \fromproperty #'header:piece in
oddHeaderMarkup and evenHeaderMarkup, so that the title of the current
movement will display in the page header. Unfortunately, after investigating
the Lilypond source code, I can't see how to make that work, because it
requires the markup command knowing the top system of the current page and
what score it belongs to. That information isn't included in either the
layout or props argument to a markup function.

This works for me. I have a piece with several parts and several pieces per part. I print the piece in the odd page header and the part in the even page header, except for the first page of the part where I print a full title block.

\version "2.19.80"

\paper {
  oddHeaderMarkup = \markup \column {
    \fill-line {
      \null
      \on-the-fly #not-part-first-page \normalsize \fromproperty #'header:piece       \on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first \number \teeny \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string
    }
    \null
  }
  evenHeaderMarkup = \markup \column {
    \fill-line {
      \on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first \number \teeny \fromproperty #'page:page-number-string       \on-the-fly #print-page-number-check-first \normalsize \fromproperty #'header:part
      \null
    }
    \null

Timothy Lanfear, Bristol, UK.